Click Here for more Information on Stem Opportunities.
With Cherry Creek High School's continued history and tradition of academic excellence, students are able to take advantage of an unrivaled wealth of STEM opportunities:
- Thirty-two science, twenty-nine mathematics, and thirteen technology/comp. science courses offered
- AP Biology, AP Chemistry, AP Physics C, and AP Environmental Science
- AP Calculus AB and BC, AP Computer Science, AP Statistics
- Mathematics courses through Abstract Math/Linear Algebra
- Award-winning Sci. Bowl, Sci. Olympiad, Math Team, Destination Imagination , and robotics programs
- Collaborative relationships with local universities to extend learning opportunities
- Nationally recognized offensive and defensive computer security programs
- Nationally recognized Science Research program
Members of the DIrregulars from CCHS work on their DI Presentation.
- Ranked in the top 100 STEM high schools in the U.S. by U.S. News and World Report
- Student enrollment of approximately 3,730
- 215 faculty members, over two-thirds which have 11 or more years of teaching experience, eight Ph.D.'s and 78% having earned at least one master's degree
- Blue Ribbon School from U.S. Department of Education
- Recipient of seven PRIDE awards, the highest number ever awarded, from the North Central Accreditation Association
- Advanced Placement courses offered in twenty-eight subject areas
- In 2018, 1,095 students took 2,373 Advanced Placement exams, with 90.7% scoring 3 or higher.
- 508 AP Scholars
- In the latest award year, CCHS had 29 National Merit Scholar Finalists, 35 Commended Students, 2 National Achievement Scholars, and 4 National Hispanic Scholars.
STEM CLUBS at Creek:
Cyber Security (431); Wednesdays 3-4:30 pm
- Destination Imagination
- Environmental Action (419); Wednesdays 3-4 pm
- Math Club; Tuesdays 3-4 pm
Medical Careers Class (click for more information)
Robotics (527); Thursdays 3-6 pm (fall)
Science Olympiad(527); Fridays 3-5 pm
Tech Club (431); Mondays 3-4:30 pm
Stem In Action 2018 (PTCO Presentation 2/9/2017)
- Congratulations to the Cherry Creek Math team! After six rounds of the Colorado Math League competition, the Bruins have unofficially won the league. CCHS students with perfect scores in round 6 were Austen Mazenko and Rahul Thomas. The other high scores went to Derwin Wu, Brandon Dong, Siddarth Ijju and Akshunna Vaishnav. The results of the UNC math competition from January 20th are in and several CCHS students finished in the top 25: Sarah Gao, Michael Hu, Derwin Wu, Siddarth Ijju, and finishing third was Rahul Thomas, and finishing first was Austen Mazenko. Austen will be presenting a topic to the honored guests and families at the award ceremony at UNC on April 8. Congratulations all!
- Creek Senior, Isani Singh, finished 3rd in the Regeneron National Young Scientist Search and received $150,000 for her work towards determining that women with Turner Syndrome (TS), a genetic abnormality in which the second sex chromosome is missing, do have some cells with two X chromosomes. Knowing that most embryos lacking the second X do not survive, Isani adapted a laboratory protocol to search for and find these normal cells in TS embryos. She also identified genes that are under expressed in TS, a finding that may help physicians and patients better prepare for the variable medical complications of TS. For more details on her award, click HERE.
- 2017-2018 Denver Science Fair Awards was held on February 18th, 2018. This is the 55th year of science fair. Congratulations to all of our award winners. Click Denver_Science_Fair_Awards_2018_Final for a full list.
- Congratulations to the following students who were able to recite the numbers of Pi on March 14th during our Pi Day competition: 1st Place: Ted Meyer (1520 digits), 2nd Place: Austen Mazenko (291 digits), 3rd Place: Darius Price (120 digits)